Monday, January 29, 2007

Adventures with Mo!


Quetzal! Rappel! Tortuguero!


This week was quite something! We were touring around with Karl's brother Eric and stopped at this mirador known for being a home for Quetzals which is a rare bird and we were actually able to see both the male and the female! It was incredible...the bird is so beautiful with such vivid bright colours. Karl was incredibly happy as this bird is something he has always wanted to see. It was awesome.





Another adreniline pumping moment for me this week was my adventure rappeling down Los Chorros which is a waterfall about 75 feet high. I was not nervous until I reached the top and looked down...it was almost a no go but decided that it was a once in a lifetime opportunity and went for it. I can now confidently recommend doing it.





To finish the week, I had the opportunity to travel to Tortuguero which is home to the largest nesting area for the sea turtle in the Western Hemisphere. Tortuguero can only be reached by boat or plane and is a penisula with one side the Caribbean sea and the other side the Tortuguero river. The village is quaint with a Caribbean flare and reminded me alot of Little Corn Island. It was absolutely incredible to see the wildlife...we spotted a very large crocodile, monkeys, lots of pelicans and even a sloth! It was very happy to end my week with this exciting adventure!





Hasta luego!


Mo








No comments: