Sunday, September 24, 2006

Ever heard of Little Corn Island?

Divemaster Karl
Our Wonderful Little House

We arrived last Saturday to our perfect place on the island. We are staying at Sharon and Winston Downs one of the "biggest" familes on the island. Karl stumbled onto this place last time and I can truly appreciate it now. Our little house is great...it has 3 bedrooms, kitchen, laundry and bathroom. I am so excited. It is awsome to have a place...our place to make ourselves at home, unpack and cook our own food! We are located on the outskirts of town on a point which gives us ease to walk to town and a great view all around. All I can say is that it feels good...our own home, next to the sea and nature. I am thankful and appreciate of all the experiences we have lived and I can say that I am happy to be back to the Little Island.
Karl has gone right into diving which is great for him and I will get into it over the next while. I am landing on my feet and reaquainting myself with everything again. We met some great people over the last couple of days and even some Japanese government workers who head up a volunteer project in Esteli. They are taking a dive course and I have been talking with them about my experience with Japanese students in Victoria...in Spanish. It has been a great way to improve my spanish!
It has been fun to reconnect with all the locals here, Miss Martha, Yeti, Bernadine & Andrea, Shana everyone is in a really good mood and the atmosphere on the island is really good. The kids are on holidays from school and will return this week. I will try to volunteer or offer help some how.
Ahora todo es bueno! Hasta llego, Rasta Mo!

Karl's Korner
Nous avons decide de ne pas se casser le bicycle et de simplement retournersur little corn. Je traville comme divemaster a Dolphine Dive et suis capable de faire un peu de sous. Ca fait du bien d'etre de retour et d'avoirnotre propre petite place.
Saludos!



No comments: