Saturday, June 03, 2006

New Month

Helping the neighbor kids with homework
Enjoying the moment!

A quiet week @ Casa Sunrise. I have learned a few new receipes from Laura & Fernando which are really delicious & easy to prepare. Laura taught me how to make Arepas which are a traditional Columbian ¨tortilla¨made with corn flour, water, salt and sugar & fried in a pan. They are awesome with rice & beans. Fern taught me how to make this great Spanish rice which is really easy & tasty!

We had a few visits from the neighbors children this week. Karl took a photo of me helping them with their homework and afterward he went and took them for a water adventure. They are alot of fun and they are helping us practise our spanish as that is all they speak.

We are at another full house this weekend. A couple for one night...he is from Britain and she is from Finland and a single women traveller from Austrailia for the next couple of nights. It is great and also challengin as we are trying to adapt ourselves to someone else´s vision and we have our own that sometimes are very different. It is a great experience and learning opportunity for us both in personal and business ways!

I have to take this opportunity to also wish my father a Happy Birthday! Everything is great and I hope that you have a wonderful day and my thoughts are with you Dad!

Sorry no Karl´s Korner today...next week we promise

Adios por ahorra...Monika & Karl

No comments: