Friday, May 05, 2006

Little Corn Island ~ Caribbean Paradise!

We have been here for almost 1 wee and what a beautiful, tranquil paradise. We are staying at a place called Casa Sunrise located at the north end of the island. This beautiful place was named by the Dali Lama in 1997 as the Compassion Centre as the owner Heiko Rah is a budhist and wanted to make this place a paradise to "chill out" and come back to ourselves. I think he succeded!
It is situated on 180 degrees of beach where you can see both the sunrise in the morning and the sunset in the evening without having to leave the beach! Incredible. Karl and I are going to be living and running Casa Sunrise for the next couple of months because the owner is heading back to Germany. We are really happy to have this pleasure. It works out for Heiko and also gives us the experience and joy of living in such a beautiful place. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you would like more information about the place...we would love to share and even see you here!
On another note, I also experienced my first ever dive! Can you believe it we saw nurse sharks! I almost full on one, because I was having a tough time staying equalized, but I survived! It is such an incredible sensation being underwater, breathing and seeing all this amazing life under the water! It was my first, but definately not my last!
That is it for today from Little Corn, but stay tuned for more!

No comments: