Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Thank You


Karl and I have returned back to the chalet and are enjoying the snow (which is over 4 feet!!). It has been a while since I have been in snow like this!!

We had a wonderful adventure this past week. We were in the Sagueny & Quebec City and both are beautiful places. We spent some time with Karl`s best friends Eric & Christine and we had a wonderful time there! We would like to thank them very much for a beautiful few days! The Sagueny is a beautiful part of Quebec with Fjords and lots of nature and outdoor adventure! We saw people skiing in a field with sails...like wind surfing on the snow!

We spent Christmas in Quebec City and I have to say it is a very magical, wonderful breathtaking city! I am very happy to have been able to experience a Christmas in this magical city! Before I go on to tell you my feelings about Quebec City, there are a few people that we have to extend a special thank you to. Thank you to Andre & Isabelle for hosting a fun Christmas Eve for all the family. A warm thank you to Gilles and Charlotte for the wonderful gift of staying right in the heart of Quebec City on Christmas Eve! And last but not least, a big thank you to Tante Suzanne for my first fondue supper and for being a super hostess to us and letting us stay over the snow storm!!

Now to talk about Quebec City...it is a beautiful place to see and I believe that everyone should make the effort to see it and feel it! Yes, I said feel it! There is something about the city that is magical. Can you imagine, seeing and walking on the spot that Jacques Cartier declared that this spot is New France 400 years ago!! It was amazing!! I believe that I now have a small glimpse and better understanding of why Quebec wants to be its own country!

One other amazing feature about Quebec (or at least the parts that I have been priveleged to experience) is that this province is truly a bilingual province. Everyone that I have spoken with can quickly and smoothly transfer back and forth between French and English which has made my stay here very easy. I am sometimes embarrased that I cannot accomplish the same feat but I have definately improved my French listening skills!

Thanks again to all of our hosts and we want to extend a Happy New Year to everyone!

No comments: